We All Have Favorite Things
“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, bright paper packages tied up with string; these are a few of my favorite things…” Those lyrics are from my favorite musical ever, The Sound of Music. I remember being a little girl and watching that musical every day. I even got a chance to be apart of the play at the Alabama Theater, here in Birmingham, when I was 11 years old. I’m guessing by now you are wondering what in the world this has to with this blog post; I will tell you, EVERYTHING. Today, I’m keeping it light and airy to tell you 10 of my favorite material possessions that are absolute must haves for me.
- Shoes – a girl can never have too many shoes in my opinion. Plus there are so many kinds to choose from, so it is inevitable that you will have several pairs.
- Accessories – Earrings, Sunglasses, Watches and Hat’s are 4 accessories that I simply cannot live without. They add pizazz to any outfit. As a matter of fact, they can totally transform it. I’ve recently gotten into Invicta Watches and oh my goodness, I cannot get enough of their intricate and sophisticated and sometimes even fun design. I plan to have a whole collection.
- Lipstick – The one makeup item I can absolutely not live without is lipstick. As the owner of Marliceia Chavers Artistry, if you took a tour of my personal makeup collection, the one thing you would see everywhere is lipstick. Lipstick is the one item that can take you from drab to fab in a matter of seconds.
- Candles – I am a candle fanatic. My favorite candles are Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candles because frankly one wick just won’t do. Lol! I am now delving into soy candles; however, I have yet to find a super fragrant soy candle. If you have any suggestions for fragrant soy candles, please drop them in the comments.
- Korean Skincare – Yes, you heard me right. If you want great skin, then besides your diet, Korean skincare is where it is at. When I tell you my skin hasn’t looked this amazing since I was in college. Now, I’ve genetically never had problematic skin, but this skincare has taken my skin to a whole new level. You should try it.
- Office Supplies – I know, I know, this sounds weird. However, there is something about walking into a Staples or Office Depot that makes me want to spend all my money on pens, stationery, paper clips, hole punchers, etc. I can’t wait to have a full business office of my own that is customizable. I will probably then have every office accessory ever.
- Notebooks – Technically this could fall under office supplies, but with as many notebooks as I have, it needs its own category. I love, love, love a beautiful notebook. Things that make a great notebook for me include the paper quality, the outside cover, binding/spiraling, ribbon marker, and design. There is nothing like a beautiful notebook to keep all your task or thoughts in.
- Coffee Mugs – I love coffee and tea, so of course, my coffee mug has to have either a bangin design or an inspirational message. I have to sip in style hunny!
- Wine – I am an aspiring wine connoisseur and there is nothing like a great red wine to help you wind down at the end of a hard day or celebrate a momentous occasion. Frankly, you can’t go wrong with wine and I need to get me a trip to Napa Valley planned ASAP.
- Designer Bags – Now that I’m really a grown woman, lol! Designer bags are my fancy. I don’t own many of them and I don’t believe in having fakes, so I save. As a matter of fact, I am going to start a savings account for my bags. That is how much I love them. I think every lady should have the privilege of having a designer handbag collection.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me a few of your favorite things.
Until next time lovies…enjoy life with your favorite people and things.