Go Marliceia it’s ya birthday!!!
On January 18, 2019, I was blessed to wake up one year wiser and I am grateful. I have learned so much over the years and though by God’s grace, I will have many more years to live my best life and learn as much as possible. When I was 16 I always wondered what 21 would be like and when I was 25, I wondered what turning 30 would feel like. I have to say that once I turned 30, I skipped right to 40, but 35 is pivotal for me. At this point in my life, I have experienced extreme highs and extreme lows. I have gained perspective on so many different things and greeted experience with open arms or sometimes ran away kicking and screaming. Life is truly a journey and there are so many lessons to learn and even more adventure awaits. Let me just say, I’m proud of the life I’ve created thus far and I cannot wait to embrace the journey ahead. My word of the year as discussed in my last blog is MANIFEST. I honestly cannot wait to see the amazing things that I will manifest this year of life. I have a feeling it is going to be spectacular. With hopes, love, and life in tow, here are the 35 lessons I’ve learned by 35:
So many lessons…
- It’s good to plan, but it is better to expect that plan to change.
- It’s okay to outgrow people, especially if those people aren’t adding value to your life.
- Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy in the end.
- Having a morning and night routine is essential.
- Health goals are important.
- Therapy is a God-send, use it to your advantage.
- Saving money is important, so don’t spend every penny you earn.
- Love will come, so be patient and don’t rush the process.
- Cold Turkey Cut-offs are necessary sometimes.
- Give love and you will receive it in return.
- Your mindset will determine your momentum.
- God is THE priority and losing sight of that will cause you to LOSE. When we nurture our spiritual lives by building the vertical relationship it helps manage everything we have going on horizontally.
- Perspective is the key to understanding.
- Where there is a problem, there is always a solution.
- Positive affirmations have power.
- Keep the faith because sometimes it will be all you have to rely on.
- Face problems head on every time.
- Being the bigger person guarantees freedom every time.
- Never stop being willing to learn because you will never know anything.
- In order to be an excellent leader, you first have to be willing to follow.
- Everyone doesn’t’ view the world as you, so quit expecting to meet another you. There isn’t one.
- Own your uniqueness, only you have the purpose you are meant to fulfill.
- Not having a therapist means you’re crazy. Even a therapist needs a therapist.
- Give love without expecting to receive in return.
- Patience is truly a virtue and most of us do not have it. Lol
- Reading is fundamental. In order to expand your horizons and be an excellent writer, you must read.
- You should always dress like you own the building, you have the job or you are closing the deal because when you look good, you feel good.
- Never sacrifice your purpose for anyone or anything.
- Everything isn’t worth the time and energy it takes to argue about it.
- Self-preservation is important. People will try to make you feel bad when you don’t sacrifice yourself, but that is not your job.
- Loving someone else shouldn’t cause you to lose yourself or lose sight of your goals.
- Laughing through life preserves sanity. Laughing is truly a medicine to the soul.
- Sleep is more important than we think and it is pertinent to get enough of it.
- Some things and people are better left in the past. Opening doors to the past will often derail your future, so don’t be afraid to close the door, lock it, and throw away the key. Your future is ahead not behind you.
- LOVE YOU! If you don’t get anything else from this blog, I need you to get this. Loving yourself will help guide you in the right direction. When we love ourselves we honor God and the fact that he created us fearfully and wonderfully.
What lessons have you learned throughout your life that you hold fast to?
Until next time lovies…keep learning, growing, and loving you.